How to create municipal agricultural commissions & other tools to support farms in your town
Hear community & municipal leaders share policy approaches and practical ideas for ways communities and farmers can benefit from working together.
Stephanie Gilbert, Farm Viability & Farmland Protection Specialist with the Maine Dept. of Agriculture, Conservation, & Forestry will moderate this panel discussion, followed by ample time for audience Q&A and networking.
- Bud Benson, Town Planner, Town of Standish
- Mark Hews, President, M. E. Hews and Company, LLC
- Rod Melanson, Planning Director, Town of Topsham
- Kate Newkirk, Co-Chair, Town of Winslow Agriculture Commission
- Matt Randall, Agricultural Compliance Supervisor, DACF
For more information, click here.